This post has already been read 12322 times!
Control Towers offer many benefits to companies managing complex supply chains. They can provide the basics like visibility across suppliers, contract manufacturers, carriers and 3PLs. They can provide advanced functionality such as predictive and prescriptive analytics, and autonomous agents that can optimize and help manage and execute many processes. There is a range of functionality you can get from a control tower, and you can implement it in phases, or go from zero to advanced.
The Basic Control Tower Value Journey
Level 1 – Visibility – you have visibility to events and milestones across the entire network
Level 2 – Alerts – You receive alerts based on service level agreements and lead times to all events and milestones, and resolve them in real time.
Level 3 – Decision Support – You execute transactions and users make decisions based on the recommendations of intelligent agents.
Level 4 – Autonomous – Intelligent agents run the supply network with minimal human intervention.
To learn more about these types of control tower, read: The 4 Types of Supply Chain Control Towers. Below you will find more resources, covering the details and the benefits of control towers.
Recommended Resources on Control Towers
- The 4 Types of Supply Chain Control Towers – the basic types of control tower and which one delivers the most ROI.
- Intelligent Control Towers: Optimize Your Supply Chain with AI & Advanced Analytics – watch this on-demand video to understand how advanced control towers can help optimize and automate many functions in your supply chain, using machine learning and prescriptive analytics.
- What Every Executive Should Know About Supply Chain Control Towers – the pitfalls of many control tower solutions, and what you should look for to maximize your results from a control tower implementation.
- Control Tower tech brief – What is a control tower? And how do you choose one to meet both your current and future needs?
- How to Improve Trade Promotion Performance
- Why We Should Treat the Defense Supply Chain as a Network
- What You Need to Know About FSMA 204
- My Top 3 Takeaways from Manifest 2023
- 4 Types of Supply Chain Control Towers
- Infographic: 8 Supply Chain Mistakes Companies Make - May 12, 2022
- Winning on the Battlefield and Winning in Business - June 3, 2021
- PFSCM’s Digital Transformation with a Next-Generation Control Tower - May 4, 2021
Comments are closed.