Note: this is the final is series of posts that explored the top 10 trends affecting pharmaceutical supply chains.
First, let’s have have a recap on the what the top 10 trends are:
- The Rise of OTC and Generics
- Growing Demand for S&OP
- Optimized execution in operations, logistics, and distribution
- Rising healthcare costs
- More regulatory oversight
- The end-consumer matters more
- Taking cues from retail and consumer goods
- Inventory management a top priority
Phew! We’ve covered quite a bit of ground and painted a complex picture over the course of these posts. What lessons or generalizations we can draw?
First, we can safely say companies in the pharmaceutical supply chain should continue to focus on developing and maintaining the ability to adapt their supply chains, by doing so they will be well prepared to seize the opportunities ahead.
Second, the most advanced cloud platforms today can enable leading logistics providers to provide a much better infrastructure for the pharmaceutical sector.
Third, beyond logistics, these platforms can operate across the entire supply network, providing full order, shipment, and inventory visibility along with a tuneable system of control for ultimate adaptability.
Fourth: pharmaceutical companies are searching for ways to better collaborate across their supply chain, improve service levels, reduce costs, adapt to changing market conditions, and improve compliance. Increasingly, cloud platforms hold the answer.
I hope this was interesting! If you like this topic, I suggest you download the full white paper, The Top Ten Trends Transforming the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain.
Latest posts by Bruce Jacquemard (see all)
- Map of U.S. Trucking Spills in 2016 - January 13, 2017
- What is aPaaS? A Way to Supercharge Your App Development - December 12, 2016
- Future of Transportation: Goodyear’s Radical Smart Tire Concept - November 3, 2016